Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First Pallet Expander Check-Up

Well...yesterday I was all excited about going into the ortho to see how he thought things were progressing. I knew not to expect to much because it's just been six weeks but you should have seen my face when the assistant went to turn my expander and she did it backwards from what I was shown how to do it...well, when I spoke up she was dumbfounded that I'd been turning it backwards all these last six weeks. I could have misunderstood but I remember vividly the other assistant showing me how the wrench needed to be used and what I had to do. All this time I was doing nothing with my pallet...how depressing that was to hear! She turned my expander four times and wow...I could feel the pressure. I was thinking all of this time that WOW...it doesn't feel that bad at all...well now I find out....SIX WEEKS LATER...I was doing it all wrong! OH Well....whatcha gonna do??? Right!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it you tighten the pallet expandor? recently ie being thinking the same like "oh this dont hurt at all" so i must be getting it cranked wrong.. not good at all! because the first week i had it he said it was that the caps werent cemented in right so we went through all the steps of getting it put back on! but i think im cranking it wrong! help!?

Anonymous said...

My daughter is 9 and she is going to have hers put in tomorrow I'm am very scared for her. Everyone I've talked to says it doesn't hurt but the stories I've read on the net are all REALLY bad...I know on hers you put the key in on the front and push it back towards the back of her throat...hope that helps...Good Luck to you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! its okay i only had to go to the doctor every 4 months because my case wasnt too bad. I found out that i was doing it wrong for four months! beat that!

You cannot imagine the pain i went through 4 months AFTER i was supposed to take them off because i wasn't doing it right. however it was so worth it!!!

Thanks for posting!
Jack

Clarissa said...

Jack...you're too funny...wow...four months, eh? Well, I'm sure you're glad you're now cranking it the right way and I'm sure you're seeing alot of progress for that hard work. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you as you're journey takes to a wonderful and beautiful smile! :)