Monday, July 2, 2007

Insurance Say's "YES"...

WOW...I was shocked when I received the call from my OS office today. I had my consultation the beginning of May and we've been waiting to hear back from the insurance. That call came today and the insurance is going to cover my surgery. I was extrememly pleased and delighted because I really was making other plans because I really thought they'd deny it! I prayed that I could stay here in the states to be close to home and loved ones.

I am in "guarded excitment" right now, because the OS office still need to receive the official paperwork from the insurance company and the surgery isn't going to be for another 7-10 months. I will have to pay 20% of the surgery, hospital, anesthesiologist which is about what I would have paid going to Costa Rica for the surgery.

A good day all in all! I'll just keep praying everything works out accordingly.

3 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

That is really great new! May I ask, you have not had SARPE right? Why do you have a journal article posted on your site talking about how non -surgical expansion is not really recommended for adults yet you are doing it? I'm confused.

Personally, I'm biased of course, but as an adult SARPE is the only way to go. Its so much faster, and the results are so much more stable. I can tell you after being in braces for 16 months now, SARPE, and upper, lower, and genio. That I'm ready to get out of these things and my treatment has been super fast compared to most others. With SARPE your basically totally expanded within about 2 weeks. The it is just waiting 3 months to heal. Is it because your insurance will not cover it? Sorry to ask so many questions just trying to understand why you would go this route.

Clarissa said...

Because I have both upper and lower expanders and due to the fact I wanted to go under surgery just once that's how I came to the decision of going with the pallet expander only. My ortho has had really good results and even though it will take longer than with a SARPE, I'm happy with my decision. :)

Michelle said...

Wow Clarissa, I just got my RPE out a couple of weeks ago..>THANK GOD for THAT! I almost died when I saw that you have two! My sympathy is right there with you. It will be soooo worth it. Good Luck with everything, I will watch your progress. You can check out my site, maybe it will help you out some down the road....:)