Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fresh Out of Surgery...


Here I am just out of surgery and in my room. Don't remember much about the ride to my room or surgery for that matter. Last thing I remember was being given some "funny stuff" before they rolled me into the operating room and I watched Dr. Wood tearing tape that he would be using on my chin and that was the last thing I recall.

Remember very little about recovery other than my jaw hurting. Surgery went really good...that's what I was told by Dr. Wood. Dr. Wood and Dr. Smith did my operation and I they moved my jaw forward about 6mm and my chin back 6mm and he was very pleased with how everything went. They didn't put the splint in as he didn't like the way it fit...which I'm not going to complain because I was having a hard enough time with swallowing and my tongue being a bit swollen so there didn't seem to be enough room for anything else in my rubber banded mouth. I was happy to see I was just banded with rubber bands but the surgical hooks in the front a few were broken which Dr. Wood wasn't happy about.

No comments: