Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day One Post Op...


Here's Day One post op...my fingers tell another story but that could be the meds talking.... and I'm not feeling too bad actually. I've been on an oxygen mask since they brought me upstairs and that helped a great deal with my the coolness of the air that was blowing out. I've been on morphine when I need it which has been about every four-five hours. I have ice on every twenty minutes and off twenty minutes so that's helped with the swelling. The major swelling right now is my chin...it's wrapped in taped and that lovely makeshift chin wrap..to keep my chin from drooping until everything heals up. Let's see, my throat is what bothers me the most right now. It very sore from the nose tube and it hurts. I couldn't talk much the first day at all and what I did say wasn't comprehansible...LOL. Today I'm actually being understood and my upper lip I can feel but nothing on my chin or lower lip. As you can see my chin and lip are pretty swollen.

I'm drinking some juices with great difficulty but I want to go home so I'm drinking as much as I can and it takes me forever. :) The nursing staff have been really great here at TMC and very attentive. I checked out at around 5pm and headed home. My wonderful girlfriend, Maryann took me and picked me up and got me all settled in at home. My wonderful friends Pastor George and his lovely wife, Denise stopped in the day of surgery to see me and pray with me before my surgery...that met the world to me and my surgery went perfectly and I'm not feeling half bad actually. My Uncle Don stopped by the day of surgery and he did most of the talking as he couldn't understand a word I was saying. :) God is good!!

No comments: