Monday, January 5, 2009

Day FIVE Post Op - Varying Shades of Yellow

It's hard to believe that it's only Day Five as I feel pretty good overall. I tell you I can't wait to get rid of this stained looking tape that is holding my chin upright. That will come off tomorrow and it will be interesting to see what Dr. Wood will have to say about everything else. My lip is still a bit swollen but almost looking like it does typically. I know it does not "feel" normal...LOL...I feel like it's huge due to the numbness. Numbness is still the same, no changes there but that's to be expected so early after surgery. As you see on my neck is developing it's pretty shades of yellow, kind of matches my chin strap...LOL! I felt a snap in my mouth earlier and couldn't see anything or feel anything for that matter and it was not until an hour or so later that I felt something on my tongue and it was one of the rubber bands that was holding my jaw shut...probably a good thing I couldn't feel anything,right?

Food is a bit challenging as my blender is working overtime these days. For breakfast I made a tropical protein shake with frozen bananas, frozen pineapple, milk, a little oj and some vanilla protein powder...I was wishing I had some coconut milk to make a Virgin Pina Colada..yum!!! I find it pretty easy to drink out of a plastic cup which works really well. The Zip n' Squeeze bags are nice but my first one made it through three or four uses and I'm basically just using them for my hot meals now. I'm trying eat or should I say "drink" something every hour or so. I've lost about seven pounds, not that I am trying to lose weight but just part of the surgery. That's not to say that I don't have about twenty pounds I could lose, but now isn't a good time to try to lose to much so that's why I'm trying to keep my calories up so that I heal well.

My spirits are very good and although still a bit tired I feel pretty normal. I obviously like the word "normal"...LOL...whatever normal may be, right? I have had some wonderful friends checking up on me, thank you to all of you!!! You've made this entire process bareable having such special friends both near and far watching out for me.

This morning I thought I was feeling good enough to take my son down to the bus stop which is about four miles from our home so we went out to leave and my car wouldn't start...it had been sitting there since my surgery last week and I think the battery died...that's my hope anyways. I will have someone come over later to try to jump it and see. I had my other car just towed today to the garage because some lovely little critters decided to make their home in my engine and they like to keep those tiny teeth filed down so they chewed my wires up all over the place. Darn critters!!! So, I've had my share of car problems but they will be taken care of here soon, so no worry.



No comments: