Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day FOUR Post-Op...doing well!

Today, I'm feeling pretty good considering I can't really talk to much still. If you notice you can finally see my bottom lip is looking a bit more normal today...LOL! Still really numb and I find I have to check in the mirror to make sure I don't have any food hanging out on that bottom lip and chin. As you can see, I've developed a some very lovely colors on my neck...pretty yellows, purples and greens...goes nice with my hair don't you think??? I got rid of the chin wrap last night (ace bandage), the doctor wanted me to keep it on for a few days after surgery because he said it was important so that my chin wouldn't droop and look like a witches chin...GREAT....I kept it on longer than I needed because I really would prefer not having a witches chin. The tape stays on until my first visit back to see Dr. Wood on Tuesday morning and then he'll remove that as well.

I actually got dressed today in yoga pants a shirt and sweater and my trusty red fluffy slippers. It felt good to get out for a short walk with Dakota and Jessi. They're always up for a walk so they made good company. I've gotten out every day since arriving home to do a little walking around in the yard but today I walked to the end of the driveway and a bit further and then headed back and walking back up the hill to my driveway made my heart beat a bit fast but I made it up. It's not a huge hill but enough to put my heart rate up which is a good thing.

I made french onion soup with a three onions I had and it turned out really delicious. After sauteing the onions and caramelizing them I added some sherry and cooked it down and then added a bay leaf, two cans of beef broth and one can of chicken broth and let it simmer for 30 minutes. I then drained out the onions, removed the bay leaf and put the onions in the blender with some milk and blended and chopped them up and then added them back to the broth with a little salt and pepper. It turned out delicious. I also cut up some french rolls I had and sprinkled them with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese and baked them in the oven for about twenty minutes. After the bread was done I ladled out some soup into the blender again and put some of the bread cubes with a bit more Parm cheese and blended it all together and put it in my zip and squeeze bag. It made a very good lunch. I was so excited after eating my soup to try to see if I could eat some lemon meringue pudding with my newly acquired baby spoon and it was just the right size to be able to suck the pudding off the spoon through my front teeth...LOL...what a sight, eh? but....OH...so delicious!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Clarissa,
you do look like you are feeling better!! All those pretty colors! You should have a cooking show on TV!! I'm impressed. Hope you continue feeling better each day. Call if you need something.
Denise

Clarissa said...

You have to love black and blue marks, not matter how you received them, right? :) Thanks Denise and I look forward to feeling better and better. God Bless you for checking up on me!!

mcgee33 said...

Wow, you look even better today!!! I thought day 4 was supposed to be the worst swelling. Looks like your is already going down... What did you have done again. Lower jaw moved forward and a chin reduction? What was the reason? Sleep apnea? It looks wonderful!

ummul said...

Better... better... and better... on day four post-op.

I glad to know that you better than yesterday.

http://ummul-orthodonti.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Clarissa,
you do look worse than ever like you are feeling worse than ever!! Are those pretty colors! You should have a cooking show on TV!! I'm impressed. Hope you improve soon we're all worried for you. Call if you need something.

You have to love black and blue marks, not matter how you received them, right? God Bless you

Denise

Discantus said...

Hi Clarissa,

I've been checking in on your blog for the last few weeks, and just wanted to say chin up (no pun intended!) as you're doing brilliantly! Hope i'm as together as you when I have my surgery!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)

D

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oy! The threat of witches chin would have me keeping that on as long as possible too!!

You have some impressive bruises there, a walking rainbow :) It's actually quite impressive how your swelling is coming down so nicely, I think you might be a couple of days ahead of the game there :)

OOOOh YUM! My mouth is positively drooling over your soup... think I'll be trying that one out in the very near future. If you do start a show, sign me up as faithful viewer :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I got your blog from IGOTBRACES.COM (I hope you dont mind) I just want to say that I am so excited for you that you got your surgery! And I am glad that you have this blog becuase you are really helping people like me out. And I am glad to know that their were no complications and all is well.