Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One Week Since Surgery...Me and My Four Legged Friends...


Ok...here are my staples as I recover at home. One hand towel and mirror so I can watch myself as I eat and when I need to wipe my chin I see it in my mirror...otherwise I would have no clue I had stuff on my chin. A glass of water that I drink throughout the day, one fruit smoothie with straw. It was pretty funny..I was drinking my smoothie with my rubber bands on and due to the numbness I didn't realize I had all these berry seeds just covering my rubber bands and front teeth until I went into remove them to eat...what a pretty sight I must say...NOT!!!! Vaseline and Blistex have been my most favorite friend since the beginning...I keep it on my lips ALL THE TIME!! It's helped to heal my lips up as well. My cell phone for those people who call that don't realize I can not talk vey good. and my glasses to help see whatever I may reading at the time.


Day Seven, one week today I had my surgery...wow, how time flies by. I have to say that it wasn't at all what I thought recovery would be. I had a few days where I was very achy but overall I have had a pretty easy time of it. I sympathize with those who have had both upper and lower surgery as I'm sure the recovery is much more difficult and painful. That being said...I'm feeling pretty good! I do notice that I get really tired early in the afternoon. This morning I was working online posting my jewelry to Etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6457874) and I spent the entire morning until about 1pm and then it seemed like I hit a wall. The energy just left me and I had to lay down and I zonked right out. Wow...I wish I could sleep like this all the time. :)

Dakota...such the Poser!

Kera Sitting on Her Throne!

Jessi Lou of Liberty Smilin' Pretty






4 comments:

mcgee33 said...

I have to say... your chin has some beautiful colors on it! You're still improving, looking good, etc... I'm so glad you're posting details, I look forward to seeing how you're doing every day. I guess I'm really experiencing this vicariously. Although, I'm one of those who is having both upper/lower and chin. Pray for me, okay????

ummul said...

I love mirror. I need mirror to see my smile... :-)

Clarissa, enjoy your day to day after surgery.
You will get a more beautiful smile.

:-)

Clarissa said...

Elaine...you will definitely be in my prayers! So glad that what I'm posting is helpful to you and anyone else who may stop in.

Anonymous said...

I'm 9 days post-upper and lower jaw surgery, and I must say that I too was suprised at how quickly I got my energy back... appetite wise we differ, however. I was never blessed with a high metabolism, but now I am ravenous literally every two hours!

It really is a comfort to have your animals with you throughout your recovery. I have eight five-week old pups and one dog on my hands, who bound excitedly towards my feet whenever I enter the room, completely unfazed by the change in my appearance. Your animals are gorgeous!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and plentiful updates for the rest of us.